LCR Careers Hub Introduction
LCR Careers Hub Employer Engagement Projects
LCR Labour Market Information with Rob Benson, Employment and Skills, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
Headteacher Forum, 30th June 2021
Download Session Powerpoints
Nick Bowen, Executive Principal, Horizon Community College, Q&A
Download session Powerpoint
LCR Localised Compass+ Training
Links to recordings of our recent local Compass+ training:
- An Introduction to Compass+
- Getting the Most out of Compass+ – Hints and Tips
- Using Compass+ Effectively with UniFrog, START and Xello
To support this Compass guidance, the Meaningful Encounters Framework & Checklist can be found here.
Compass+ resources designed to help you answer any questions you may have about the software.
Compass+ video playlist explaining the benefits of the software.
CEC Compass+ self-service training modules for Careers Leaders
2 modules taking approximately 30 minutes each to complete.
- How to upload your activities to your plans: This is the piece around using the Excel Template or any of the other digital tools (Xello, Unifrog, Start, Morrisby) to upload activities into Compass+.
- Sign up for upcoming Compass Training Webinars
- Watch recordings of previous webinars
- Future Skills Questionnaire: All things FSQ related.
- Google Sheets Mail-merge: To support with sharing FSQ links.
LCR Careers Hub Poster Guide
This guide shares links to free careers related posters for schools to use in their classrooms. This includes careers in curriculum subjects, skills, LMI, SEND, post-16 options, NHS and HE.
CEC, Ofsted Key Themes – Careers
Collated feedback based on recent inspections. Read more here
CDI Launches the ‘New Career Developments Framework’ – Watch the full webinar here
The Most In-Demand Jobs Right Now, 2021 – Read the full article here
CEC Youth Social Action Toolkit – This toolkit is designed to help Careers Leaders understand how youth social action can support their careers programme.
CDI: The New Career Development Framework, April 2021
Find out more here.
Allied Health Resource Pack for Careers Leaders – This pack is to support careers leaders to give guidance to young people considering pursuing a career in the health and care sector.
CEC Resource Directory – Inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work, with the help of our carefully curated Resource Directory. Developed with Careers Leaders in mind, we’ve made it easy to quickly find the trusted, high quality resources you need to make a difference. The directory can be filtered by benchmark and location to offer you the best resources to meet your needs.
CEC, Careers in Context 2020: A Can-Do Guide – This guide gives practical tips of how to navigate the Gatsby Benchmarks whilst social distancing measures are in place.
Elevate Careers Roadmap
Editable careers roadmaps for both pre 16 and post 16 careers programmes. These roadmaps can be used to highlight your progressive careers programme across all year groups and can be easily shared with students, parents and all other key stakeholders. The resource can also be adapted to enable students to access to their own careers records.
Please contact your Enterprise Coordinator for advice on how to best utilise these resources.
CEC CPD Programme for Careers Leaders, January 22 to March 22
Find out more here
The Careers and Enterprise Company, Careers Leader CPD
Link to Benchmark 1 modules is now live.
Future Learn: Navigating Digital Careers Tools – This is a free course exploring a range of digital career tools available to help save your students’ time and make their transition into work easier, from work experience opportunities to employer engagement.
A CPD Masterclass session – find out more about supporting your students to be able to make effective transitions from Y11 & Y13, particularly in these unprecedented circumstances.
Collaborating for Success CPD accompanying resources:
- Presentation notes
- Transitions Map – This interactive map shows all the support on offer to students across Liverpool City Region when considering their next steps.
- Laura Bonnett talks about how local STEM Ambassadors can support careers in the curriculum
- Request a STEM Ambassador to support your school’s careers activities
- Building Back Better report that was referenced can be downloaded here
- CEC, Careers in the Curriculum. What Works?
Gatsby Benchmark 1 Guides
This series of guides provide the latest information and statutory guidance to enable you to meet Gatsby Benchmark 1.
Each guide comes with localised examples and workable templates to support your planning.
These guides are designed for you to work in collaboration with your Enterprise Coordinator.
- Part 1: Building your Strategic Plan
- Part 2: Developing a Stable and Progressive Careers Programme
- Part 3: Presenting your Careers Programme to Key Stakeholders (Including website guidance)
- Part 4: Evaluating your Programme
Gatsby Benchmark 2 Guide
BM2 – LMI Guide – Use this guide to help explain what LMI is to colleagues, parents and students. The guide also includes links to a variety of useful LMI resources.
Gatsby Benchmark 3 Guide
Gatsby Benchmark 4 Guides – Mainstream and SEND
These guides provide starting points on how to successfully navigate BM4 and have links and advice for subject leads who want to embed careers within the curriculum.
Gatsby Benchmark 5 Guide
This guide offers localised advice on how to navigate Benchmark 5 so your students have meaningful encounters with employers and their employees
Gatsby Benchmark 6 Guide
Offering support and localised guidance on how to successfully provide students with both virtual and in person experiences of the workplace.
Gatsby Benchmark 7 Guide
This guide offers guidance on how to fully achieve Benchmark 7 and includes a list of local training providers and their contact details.