This session from Barclays Eagle Labs will cover the two key aspects of preparing for VC success – the documents you need to supply and how you communicate your proposition.
When discussing the documents you’ll need for a pitch, they’ll cover:
- A summary of the best practices
- An example of an executive summary, business plan, financial model, pitch deck and data room
- The stages at which you’ll need each document.
After this, they’ll move on to communicating your investor proposition. You’ll learn how to answer key questions around valuation and ask for a set amount of institutional funding. This will focus on four key figures you’ll need to supply:
- Valuation – and the methods you used to calculate this
- Target raise amount – alongside your expected use of funds
- Exit multiple – determined through comparison with industry exit data
- Implied Return on Investment (ROI) – what’s in it for the VC?