Entries open now!
The Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards celebrate excellence and achievement across the tourism and hospitality sector and are an opportunity to recognise those businesses who have shown resilience, determination and imagination in an exceptionally challenging year.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony on 10 March 2022 and eligible winners across certain categories will be selected to represent Liverpool City Region at the national VisitEngland Awards for Excellence in June 2022.
Applications for the 2021 awards must be made through the VisitEngland online portal.
Sample application forms can be downloaded using the links below.
- B&B and Guest House of the Year
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year
- Hotel of the Year
- Ethical, Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Award
- New Tourism Business of the Year
- Independent Tourism Business of the Year
- Taste of England Award – Restaurant
- Taste of England Award – Café
- Pub of the Year
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Experience of the Year
- Unsung Hero Award
- Tourism Young Person of the Year
- Resilience and Innovation Award (New for 2021)
- Liverpool City Region’s Hidden Gem (Public Vote)
- Outstanding Contribution to Tourism (announced at the awards ceremony)
It is free to enter the Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards and you business must be located within the Liverpool City Region (Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral)
Applications are supported by OpenWater Awards Management Software in partnership with VisitEngland.
- Choose which category you wish to enter. You may find there is more than one that is relevant to your business.
- Check that you are eligible and meet the criteria. The judges reserve the right to decline an entry if they feel it doesn’t meet the eligibility requirements. See the Eligibility section on the online entry form.
- Read the hints and tips
- All applications must be made online – no word documents will be accepted. You don’t have to complete the application all in one go, you can save and go back to it.
- When your form is complete, click submit. This must be before the published deadline.
The Awards Ceremony is being planned for March 2022 – further details on the date, time and venue will be released in the autumn. Tickets will be on sale from November 2022.
Our judging is carried out by an independent panel of industry experts, selected for their impartiality, experience and suitability for each category. The initial judging will be based on the information you provide on your online entry form along with website, social media and any third party sites.
For 2021/22 judges will be looking for evidence of recent customer reassurance within their online presence as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Selected businesses may be visited (or mystery shopped) by independent judges. Please note that is a requirement of entry that entrants agree to waive or refund the direct costs of the mystery visit.
Eligible winners may be selected to represent Liverpool City Region at the VisitEngland Awards scheduled to take place in June 2022.
All dates are subject to change in line with Government advice and restrictions at that time.
- w/c 20 Sept: Award entries open
- w/c 25th Oct: Awards entries close
- w/c/ 1st Nov: Shortlist announced / ticket sales open.
- w/c 8th Nov 2021 – 31st Jan 2022: Second Round judging/Mystery Shop
- March 2022: Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards Ceremony
- June 2022: VisitEngland Awards ceremony
- Business Events Venue of the Year – The Art School
- New Tourism Business of the Year – Duke Street Food & Drink Market
- Experience of the Year – British Music Experience
- Pub of the Year -Liverpool Gin Distillery
- Entertainment Venue of the Year – Liverpool Everyman & Playhouse
- Ethical, Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Award – Mere Brook House
- Hotel of the Year – Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
- Independent Tourism Business of the Year – Western Approaches – Battle of the Atlantic Experience
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year – Knowsley Safari
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year – Royal Liver Building 360
- Taste of Liverpool Award – Restaurant – Rockwood Bistro
- Taste of Liverpool Award – Cafe/Bistro – Tusk
- B&B and Guest House of the Year – Mere Brook House, Wirral
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year – Staybridge Suites Liverpool
- Tourism Star of the Year – Elle Barnes Reen, Everton Football Club
- Tourism Young Person of the Year – Jordan Rhoda, Liverpool ONE
- Outstanding Contribution to Tourism – Stephen Roberts, Crowne Plaza Liverpool
Our Charity Partner
Hospitality Action is the trade charity offering a crucial lifeline to people of all ages, working and retired, from the hospitality industry. Whether approached by a chef, housekeeper, school cook or bar person, Hospitality Action will endeavour to support, whatever the difficulty.