We are excited to tell you about our new employer video series, LCR Creating Careers, which will inspire and inform our young people about the interesting career pathways that Liverpool City Region has to offer. We will be bringing to you regular, live Q&A sessions with local employers from Liverpool City Region’s key sectors. Episodes will be available on demand via our brand new YouTube channel.
Here you will find links to the latest episodes of Creating Careers organised by sector. If students who are watching on demand have any questions for our guests, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to make LCR Creating Careers series more meaningful, we have developed student resources to complete before, during and after each session. Please note that these resources offer a suggestion of activities to complete with your students. Resources will need to be adapted and differentiated to suit the needs of your students.
Evaluative work for students: Students can use the Creating Careers Roadmap to evaluate each session and the series as a whole. All instructions are included on the Roadmap.
Creating Careers Pre-work
Health & Life Sciences
- The Walton Centre, NHS Careers in IT
- The Walton Centre, NHS Careers in Finance
- The Walton Centre, NHS Careers in Nursing
- Diageo, Manufacturing Sector – Graduate Q&A Teacher note: Diageo work with several brands that produce alcoholic brands. To promote responsible drinking some parts of their website are age restricted. Please ensure students only use the links provided.
- Diageo PLC, Apprenticeship Q&A
Teacher note: Diageo work with several brands that produce alcoholic brands. To promote responsible drinking some parts of their website are age restricted. Please ensure students only use the links provided.
- Hill Dickinson, Maritime and Associated Industries: The Legal Sector
- MAST (Merseyside Adventure Sailing Trust)
- Cruise Liverpool
Professional & Business Services
- O’Connors LLP Step into Law
- InnovateHer, Girls into Tech
- Hack School, Live Studio Tour – Digital Skills Training Centre
- Hack School’s Supplementary Notes