How can businesses in LCR place diversity and inclusion at the heart of their businesses to ensure a better future for all?
Growth Platform is partnering with Firestarters to produce a special six-month programme of events called ‘Growth for Good’. The events will support businesses in the city region looking to learn from expert speakers, gather strategic insights and have the opportunity to grow their network with purpose-driven people.
What is the ‘Growth for Good’ series?
The ‘Growth for Good’ series will be hosted across the city region’s five boroughs and will cover six core subject areas that address the biggest challenges facing businesses today.
The first event focuses on Diversity and Inclusion. It will help businesses understand how they can grow and thrive beyond the current economic climate by placing diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the heart of their business planning.
What can you expect from ‘Growth for Good’ – Diversity and Inclusion?
Attendees will hear from expert local speakers on how D&I can influence strategic decision-making and produce incredible results. D&I is often seen as a “nice to have” but, with undeniable evidence that more diverse teams have an overwhelmingly positive impact on bottom lines, it’s now an essential part of business planning.
Our panel of speakers, and the signature Firestarters format, will ensure that attendees walk away jam-packed with practical knowledge, vital business connections and confidence that this sometimes thorny subject can be handled with care and enthusiasm.
What will you get out of the event?
- Shared real-world experiences from business owners and D&I experts
Practical advice and takeaway tools that enable positive change to happen quickly
- A diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- A chance to ask experts questions about D&I challenges businesses are facing today
- The opportunity to attend more events on relevant subjects across the city region
- Relevant Growth Platform services sign-posted and key contacts mentioned for further support
Speaker & Panelists
- Speaker – Natalie Denny – Programme Manager for The Anthony Walker Foundation
- Samia Benbrih – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Manager for The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Emy Onuora – Race Equality Project Manager for Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
- …and more to come!