Updating and digitising one of our biggest traditional sectors.
When it comes to manufacturing, Liverpool City Region is home to a rich abundance of smaller and larger companies who have enjoyed national and global success. No wonder the likes of Jaguar Land Rover, Unilever, Pilkington and Astra Zeneca have all chosen to set down roots in the region – bringing with them employment opportunities and world class expertise.
The sector is a mix of traditional industries with cutting-edge modern manufacturing; industrial digital technology companies sit alongside clean growth businesses. It Growth Platform’s job to boost innovation, increase employment levels and develop a global platform and reputation for the industry.
We provide you with the opportunity to:
- Access the region’s industrial and digital technologies (IDT) ecosystem – which includes the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), Sensor City, STFC Hartree and our higher education institutions – to give your company a competitive advantage
- Work with us and local experts to boost your organisations skills and growth potential
- Take part in initiatives that promote the region’s manufacturing community locally, nationally and internationally – one of these being via Digital Manufacturing Week
- Shape your organisations digital future by providing access to specialist programmes like LCR 4.0 Start
Business Support and Funding
Flexible Growth Fund
Inspiring Sector Initiatives
Sector Support Organisations
Virtual Engineering Centre
Driving digital adoption and delivering solutions across industry and the public sector since 2010.
Manufacturing Technology Centre
Supporting manufacturing growth and innovation in Liverpool City Region
Liverpool City Region Advanced Manufacturing Cluster Board
Made up of leading figures from the sectors, the Advanced Manufacturing Cluster Board’s remit is to influence policy, stimulate economic growth, productivity and competitiveness whilst supporting the city region in its ambitions for inclusive growth and sustainability.
The board reports into the Combined Authority’s Business and Enterprise Board.
- Andy Pennington Arup
- Dawn Huntrod, Make UK
- Jen Fenner, Defproc Engineering
- Joanne Beighton, Seqirus
- Jonathan Turner, Siemens
- Kate Black, University of Liverpool
- Lee Meyers, Ford Motor Company
- Lorraine Hughes, Inovus Medical
- Lyn Pit, DT & G
- Michael Hughes, Jaguar Land Rover
- Neil Syder, NSG Pilkington
- Paul Tallon, Lyva Labs
- Susan Patterson, MTC
- Trevor Leeks, Jaguar Land Rover (chair)
Latest Sector Events
Eureka Programme Support & Partner Brokerage Event
Digitalisation and Innovation in Advanced Manufacturing
Find out more about Advanced Manufacturing
Speak to a sector expert