Updating and digitising one of our biggest traditional sectors.
When it comes to manufacturing, Liverpool City Region is home to a rich abundance of smaller and larger companies who have enjoyed national and global success. No wonder the likes of Jaguar Land Rover, Unilever, Pilkington and Astra Zeneca have all chosen to set down roots in the region – bringing with them employment opportunities and world class expertise.
The sector is a mix of traditional industries with cutting-edge modern manufacturing; industrial digital technology companies sit alongside clean growth businesses. It Growth Platform’s job to boost innovation, increase employment levels and develop a global platform and reputation for the industry.
We provide you with the opportunity to:
- Access the region’s industrial and digital technologies (IDT) ecosystem – which includes the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), Sensor City, STFC Hartree and our higher education institutions – to give your company a competitive advantage
- Work with us and local experts to boost your organisations skills and growth potential
- Take part in initiatives that promote the region’s manufacturing community locally, nationally and internationally – one of these being via Digital Manufacturing Week
- Shape your organisations digital future by providing access to specialist programmes like LCR 4.0 Start
Sector Support Programmes and Funding
Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 1
Phase 1 of the IETF provides grant funding for feasibility and engineering studies and for the deployment of industrial energy efficiency projects.
Who's it for?
- projects deploying technologies that improve the energy efficiency of industrial processes
- feasibility and engineering studies into energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation measures for industrial processes
- businesses of any size registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- business must operate a site which falls into the following categories of activity:
manufacturing 10(000) through to 33(200)
data centres 63(110)
Small Business Leadership Programme
Supporting senior leaders to enhance their business’s resilience and recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
Who's it for?
- SMEs based in England
- Employ between 5 and 249 people
- Operational for at least one year
- Decision maker or senior manager
- Able to commit to attending the full programme
Latest Sector Events
Clean Growth Innovation: Manufacturing & Engineering
Find out more about Advanced Manufacturing
Speak to a sector expert