Updating and digitising one of our biggest traditional sectors.
When it comes to manufacturing, Liverpool City Region is home to a rich abundance of smaller and larger companies who have enjoyed national and global success. No wonder the likes of Jaguar Land Rover, Unilever, Pilkington and Astra Zeneca have all chosen to set down roots in the region – bringing with them employment opportunities and world class expertise.
The sector is a mix of traditional industries with cutting-edge modern manufacturing; industrial digital technology companies sit alongside clean growth businesses. It Growth Platform’s job to boost innovation, increase employment levels and develop a global platform and reputation for the industry.
We provide you with the opportunity to:
- Access the region’s industrial and digital technologies (IDT) ecosystem – which includes the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), Sensor City, STFC Hartree and our higher education institutions – to give your company a competitive advantage
- Work with us and local experts to boost your organisations skills and growth potential
- Take part in initiatives that promote the region’s manufacturing community locally, nationally and internationally – one of these being via Digital Manufacturing Week
- Shape your organisations digital future by providing access to specialist programmes like LCR 4.0 Start
Sector Support Programmes and Funding
Business Resilience Programme
A series of workshops for regional businesses providing them with the knowledge, insight and tools they need to stabilise and grow.
Who's it for?
-SMEs businesses based in Liverpool City Region
- Employ c. 10-250 people
- Turnover of c. £1million-£30million a year
Programme for SME leaders that want to stabilise, grow and develop their organisation with the support of like-minded entrepreneurs.
Who's it for?
- Liverpool City Region SMEs
- Operated for at least a year
- Five employees or more
- A turnover of at least £100,000
- The aspiration to improve and grow their business
- The ability / potential to scale up or start exporting (ideal attributes)
Latest Sector News
Latest Sector Events
Amazon Bootcamp: Exporting for success
DWP Kickstart Scheme Webinar
Women in Innovation Awards 2021/22 Briefing Event
Find out more about Advanced Manufacturing
Speak to a sector expert