Providing critical support to a vital sector.
Liverpool City Region is renowned for its commitment and successes in the fields of health and the life sciences. Via it’s famous Knowledge Quarter, it has become a global innovator in research fields as diverse as Precision Medicine; Infection Control; Children’s Health; Veterinary Science; Big Data; Sensors and the Internet of Things – to name just a few.
Echoing this commitment to keep the region at the forefront of the global Health and Sciences industry we provide businesses like yours with the opportunity to:
- Get involved with initiatives designed to shape and strengthen the sector (predominantly focused on areas including pharmaceutical manufacturing and medtech / digital)
- Give you access to business support programmes to boost the growth and skills of your business
- Access support if you’re a business in the health and life sciences sector looking to move to Liverpool City Region
- Access collaborative networks, whilst supporting you to fund promote and run activities
Growth Platform talks
Listen to our conversation with Dr Phil Jennings is a practicing GP who joined the Innovation Agency as medical director in 2016, before being appointed as chief executive in autumn 2020.
Listen to our full series here.
Sector Support Programmes and Funding
Small Business Leadership Programme
Supporting senior leaders to enhance their business’s resilience and recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
Who's it for?
- SMEs based in England
- Employ between 5 and 249 people
- Operational for at least one year
- Decision maker or senior manager
- Able to commit to attending the full programme
Business Resilience Programme
A series of workshops for regional businesses providing them with the knowledge, insight and tools they need to stabilise and grow.
Who's it for?
-SMEs businesses based in Liverpool City Region
- Employ c. 10-250 people
- Turnover of c. £1million-£30million a year
Programme for SME leaders that want to stabilise, grow and develop their organisation with the support of like-minded entrepreneurs.
Who's it for?
- Liverpool City Region SMEs
- Operated for at least a year
- Five employees or more
- A turnover of at least £100,000
- The aspiration to improve and grow their business
- The ability / potential to scale up or start exporting (ideal attributes)
Latest Sector Events
Business Builder Workshop: Pivoting & Diversification of Business Models
Navigating approval for Digital Health within the NHS
Doing good is good for business – with FSB, the Good Business Charter and The Good Business Festival
Find out more about Life Sciences
Speak to a sector expert