Providing critical support to a vital sector.
Liverpool City Region is renowned for its commitment and successes in the fields of health and the life sciences. Via it’s famous Knowledge Quarter, it has become a global innovator in research fields as diverse as Precision Medicine; Infection Control; Children’s Health; Veterinary Science; Big Data; Sensors and the Internet of Things – to name just a few.
Echoing this commitment to keep the region at the forefront of the global Health and Sciences industry we provide businesses like yours with the opportunity to:
- Get involved with initiatives designed to shape and strengthen the sector (predominantly focused on areas including pharmaceutical manufacturing and medtech / digital)
- Give you access to business support programmes to boost the growth and skills of your business
- Access support if you’re a business in the health and life sciences sector looking to move to Liverpool City Region
- Access collaborative networks, whilst supporting you to fund promote and run activities
Growth Platform talks
Listen to our conversation with Dr Phil Jennings is a practicing GP who joined the Innovation Agency as medical director in 2016, before being appointed as chief executive in autumn 2020.
Listen to our full series here.
Sector Support Programmes and Funding
The NatWest Accelerator supports and empowers UK entrepreneurs to scale their businesses to the next level.
Who's it for?
- High growth businesses with ambitions to expand
LJMU Graduate Futures
Provides practical, financial and developmental support through which SMEs can capitalise on the skills and knowledge that degree-level talent can bring to bear on business challenges.
Who's it for?
- Liverpool City Region SMEs
Latest Sector News
Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram officially launches LCR Connect – delivering ultrafast digital infrastructure to the Liverpool City Region
Latest Sector Events
Additive Manufacturing Workshop – Expression of Interest
Find out more about Life Sciences
Speak to a sector expert