What fundraising and investment opportunities are there for ethically-led small businesses in the LCR?
Growth Platform is partnering with Firestarters to produce a special six-month programme of events called ‘Growth for Good’. The events will support businesses in the Liverpool City Region (LCR) who are looking to learn from expert speakers, gather strategic insights and have the opportunity to grow their network with purpose-driven people.
What is the ‘Growth for Good’ series?
The ‘Growth for Good’ series will be hosted across the city region’s six boroughs and will be covering six core subject areas that address the biggest challenges facing businesses today. The third event focuses on fundraising and investment. For more ethical, sustainable business to take place across the LCR, there needs to be shared knowledge and practical guidance on how to secure and raise money. Often purpose-driven organisations are leading the way in innovation, social impact and community-driven programmes – but for these ideas to grow and become a reality, vital funds need to be in place.
This event will help businesses understand where to find money, what influences you securing it and the people who keep it moving around our city region.
What can you expect from ‘Growth for Good’ – Fundraising and Investment?
Attendees will hear from expert local speakers who will lead the conversation on what fundraising and investment opportunities are available for ethically-led small businesses in the LCR. By understanding where to find and secure funding for your organisation, purpose-driven SMEs will have greater confidence to seize the opportunities available to them.
Our expert speakers and signature Firestarters format will ensure attendees feel empowered to get their questions answered when it comes to fundraising and investment opportunities for their organisations.
Who will be speaking at the event?
- Panelist – Matt Johnson, Founder & MD, Form
- Panelist – James Bedford, Digital Tech Cluster Manager & Fundraiser Expert, Sci Tech Daresbury
- Panelist – Jenifer Van Der Merwe, Director, Kindred
- Panelist – John Carroll, Senior Business Advisor, The Women’s Organisation
- Panelist – George Wright, LCR Finance Hub
What will you get out of the event?
- Shared real-world experiences from investment experts on how to raise funds for your business
- Practical advice and takeaway tools that enable positive change to happen quickly
- A diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- A chance to ask experts questions about fundraising and investment to understand the chances your business has in securing it
- The opportunity to attend more events on relevant subjects across the city region
- Relevant Growth Platform services sign-posted and key contacts mentioned for further support
What is the event format?
We will be starting at 16:00 sharp, please arrive 15 mins before the event start time. There may also be train strikes happening at this time, do check the timetable ahead of time.
- 90-minute event with 30 guests and four – five panel members
- 5-minute open & welcome from Francesca Manca
- 30-minute panel Q&A
- 45-minute group discussions with attendees and panel members that will cover:
– What organisations are set up in the LCR to help people find the money they need?
– What are the different avenues for securing money? i.e. seed raise, debt, grants
– What challenges might people face when trying to secure money for their business?
– How has COVID and Brexit changed the lending landscape?
– What communities are available around fundraising and investment?
– 10-minute summary & feedback from all groups and thanks from the team
- + 30-minute “after-hours” networking opportunity for attendees