Growth Platform is partnering with Firestarters to produce a special six-month programme of events called ‘Growth for Good’. The events will support businesses in the city region who are looking to learn from expert speakers, gather strategic insights and have the opportunity to grow their network with purpose-driven people.
What is the ‘Growth for Good’ series?
The ‘Growth for Good’ series will be hosted across the city region’s five boroughs and will be covering six core subject areas that address the biggest challenges facing businesses today. The second event focuses on Net Zero Carbon. It will help businesses understand how they can grow and thrive beyond the current economic climate by implementing net zero carbon initiatives within their businesses and becoming part of the global movement to save our planet.
What can you expect from ‘Growth for Good’ – Net Zero Carbon?
Attendees will hear from expert local speakers who will demonstrate how Liverpool City Region (LCR) leaders are implementing initiatives across the city region. Attendees will learn how they can get involved in climate action and how other business leaders have tackled similar challenges within their own businesses.
Thinking about how to tackle climate change and implement actionable next steps in small businesses can feel overwhelming. Climate change is a big challenge but there are steps we can take together to create a better world. Our expert speakers and signature Firestarters format will ensure attendees feel empowered to bring about change within their businesses and influence others in their communities to do the same.
Who will be speaking at the event?
- Keynote Speaker – Su Stringfellow, Co-Founder, Harrison Stringfellow Architects
- Keynote Speaker – Katie Begley, Architect, Harrison Stringfellow Architects
- Panelist – Anthony Hurford, Senior Advisor (River Basin Planning), Environment Agency
- Panelist – Michael Wolffe, Climate Officer, St Helens Council
- Panelist – Hannah Cox, Founder, Better Not Stop and The Better Business Network
- Panelist – Becky Vipond , Co-Founder, Squash Liverpool
What will you get out of the event?
- Shared real-world experiences from business owners and net zero carbon experts
- Practical advice and takeaway tools that enable positive change to happen quickly
- A diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- A chance to ask experts questions about net zero carbon challenges businesses are facing today
- The opportunity to attend more events on relevant subjects across the city region
- Relevant Growth Platform services sign-posted and key contacts mentioned for further support
What is the event format?
We will be starting at 16:00 sharp, please arrive 15 mins before the event start time. There may also be train strikes happening at this time, do check the timetable ahead of time.
- 90-minute event with 30 guests, one keynote speaker and three panel members
- 2-minute open & welcome from Ruth Hartnoll at Matchstick Creative
- 10-minute keynote
- 20-minute panel Q&A 45-minute group discussions with attendees and panel members that will cover:
- How can businesses implement zero-carbon initiatives into their business without feeling overwhelmed?
- Where are the best resources for zero carbon?
- How to get staff engaged with zero carbon initiatives
- What funding and support is there for zero carbon and your business?
- Big and small changes and the results they bring
- 15-minute summary & feedback from all groups and thanks from the team