Intellectual property is paramount to commercial businesses because it provides legal protection for original creations of the mind such as inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols. Intellectual property protection can lead to greater profitability and competitiveness in the market. Additionally having strong IP rights can attract investors and potential business partners.
Join Innovate UK EDGE and Forbes Solicitors for our interactive event to examine the impact of intellectual property for commercial businesses and the benefits to businesses having these in place with particular focus in the importance of considering IP in commercial contracts. This event also coincides with Lancaster Tech Lunch which is held weekly at Fraser House, and covers an array of subjects including software, data science, clean coding and experiences for the Lancaster Tech & Digital Community.
Topics that will be covered include:
- The innovation-led business, where contracts fit in and where IP needs to be considered.
- Intellectual property rights.
- Contractual interpretations and common issues faced when incorporating Standard Terms & Conditions.
- Common scenarios focusing on licensing, assignment, shared ownership, warranties and much more!
- How to exploit IPR’s generated under contracts.