A landmark innovation investment conference for stakeholders, business leaders and policy experts.
Join top technologists, scientists, investors and professional advisers from across the UK at this unique conference about how the Liverpool City Region can continue its innovation success – and boost investment in its most dynamic, entrepreneurial ventures.
ICAEW North West, Liverpool City Region LEP, Growth Platform – Liverpool City Region Growth Company and the Corporate Finance Faculty would like to invite you to a unique event about innovation investment challenges and opportunities. Technological innovation, R&D and commercialisation are essential for economic recovery and business growth. We’re bringing together expert contributors to discuss how we can collaborate for a positive and exciting future. What’s the potential for the Liverpool City Region to develop its innovation ecosystem – fuelled by new public sector and private sector investment? And how can it ensure that technologists, entrepreneurs and companies get the high-quality business support and expert advice that they need?
Over the past few of years we have seen the incredible value brought to the local economy by innovation but how can we further fund and shine a light on innovation in the region? How can we grow, develop and create a vibrant world-leading innovation ecosystem right here in the Liverpool City Region? And where are the opportunities for investment?
Leading the future by creating it.
Topics covered will include:
- Liverpool City Region in the context of the UK’s National Innovation Strategy
- Expanding Liverpool’s innovation ecosystem
- Attracting more venture capital, growth finance and private equity
- Ensuring inclusive economic growth.
- 10:00 Welcome – Innovation at the heart of the Liverpool City Region
Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region
- 10:10 National innovation strategy, initiatives and investment: a brief overview
Nigel Walker, Director – Innovation Loans, Innovate UK
Shaun Beaney, Corporate Finance Faculty, ICAEW
- 10:25 Expert panel – Expanding Liverpool’s innovation ecosystemDr Jon Hague, Vice-President, Operations and Open Innovation, Unilever; Chair, Innovation Board, Liverpool City RegionProfessor Janet Hemingway CBE FRS, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine; President, Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
John Leake, Business Growth Director, Sci-Tech Daresbury
Katherine Fairclough, Chief Executive, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
Sher Galer, Eco System Manager, Barclays Eagle Labs
Elliot Street, Chief Executive, Inovus Medical
Moderator: Steve Stuart, Chair, Professional & Business Services, Liverpool City Region LEP
- 10:50-11:10 BREAK
- 11:10 Maximising public and private investment for innovation
- Expert panel – Boosting innovation investment in the Liverpool City RegionDr Vikki Berryman, Chief Business Officer, CageCapture
Simon Bolton, Associate Dean (Enterprise and Employability) and Chair Professor of Innovation, Edge Hill University
Ken Cooper, Managing Director – Venture Capital Solutions, British Business Bank
Mike Fletcher, Managing Partner, Arete Capital Partners
Lorna Green, Chief Executive, LYVA Labs & LCR Ventures
Dave Hudson, Chief Commercial Officer, LCR Connect
Moderator: David Petrie, Head of Corporate Finance ICAEW
- 11:50 Closing remarks and thanks
Dr Jon Hague, Vice President, Operations and Open Innovation, Unilever; Chair, Innovation Board, Liverpool City Region