The international spotlight shone brightly on Liverpool in 2023 as the city played host to the Eurovision Song Contest, with more than 160 million pairs of eyes fixed on the city from around the world.
Now, almost six months on from the euphoria, and in the wake of the cancellation of HS2, what partnerships are required to realise Liverpool’s growth ambitions and how does the city region capitalise on gains already made?
Insider’s event gathers civic and business leaders to debate how Liverpool can use this international attention as a platform to send a loud and positive signal to other potential investors in the city region.
Speakers will share an update on:
- The city region’s economic prospects and strategic plans
- The latest on the Investment Zone proposals
- Update on the Freeport, infrastructure and strategic development sites
- The growth opportunities for the city region’s high-growth sectors like gaming, professional services, advanced manufacturing and low carbon.
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region
- Giles Jones, project manager, Liverpool City Region Freeport
- Nuala Gallagher, corporate director of city development,
- Liverpool City Council
- Lizzie Crawford, senior business development manager, Infection Innovation Consortium (iiCON)
- Andrew Dickman, managing director, Tritax Symmetry
- Robert White, chief executive officer, Brabners