To start your Net Zero journey St Helens Chamber have created a programme to help local businesses realise their Net Zero capabilities by developing and upskilling leaders, workforces and supply chains. Their vision is to build a cohort of #TogetherToZero ambassadors that lead the change we all want to see.
This fully-funded short course comprising of three modules is designed for micro, small and medium sized organisations, and individuals with a passion for reducing their impact.
You will gain an understanding of why Climate Change is a business issue for businesses of all sizes, the fundamental, practical principles for how to achieve Net Zero and what kind of mindset is needed to make more conscious, impact-led decisions. As part of this course you must attend all three sessions.
Topics covered in Session 1: Starting Your Journey to Achieving Net Zero
Understanding the issues around Net Zero
- Global energy and environmental issues – The Local Impact
- What is carbon and how it effects business going forward
- UN, UK Government, Liverpool City Region and Local Authority perspectives
- Current Legislation and its effects in businesses and organisations
Why is it a business issue?
- What are the pressures Net Zero presents to business and organisations
What are the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Where am I in relation to Net Zero?
- What’s my carbon footprint?
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- How do I measure Net Zero?
Please note: This workshop is part of 3 sessions – and you must book and complete all 3 sessions which can be found here