Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards 2023
Entries are OPEN for the Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards which celebrate the best of the region’s visitor economy sector.
With 19 categories, the awards cover all areas of the sector, many of which give winners the opportunity to go forward to the national VisitEngland Awards for Excellence. The awards ceremony will take place on 29 February 2024 at Liverpool Cathedral.
All entries must be submitted online. The closing date is strictly Friday 29th September, 5pm.
The categories for the 2023 Tourism Awards are listed below. Click on the sample application form to help prepare your entry offline. All entries must be completed via the online portal.
Click here for Terms & Conditions
- B&B and Guest House of the Year
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year
- Hotel of the Year
- Ethical, Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Award
- New Tourism Business of the Year
- Taste of Liverpool City Region – Restaurant of the Year
- Taste of Liverpool City Region – Café of the Year
- Pub of the Year
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Experience of the Year
- Business Events Venue
- Unsung Hero Award
- Tourism Young Person of the Year
- Independent Tourism Business of the Year
- Entertainment Venue of the Year – returning for 2023
- Eurovision Experience Award – NEW for 2023
- Liverpool City Region’s Hidden Gem (Public Vote opens 26 October 2023)
- Outstanding Contribution to Tourism (announced on evening)
The public vote for the Liverpool City Region Hidden Gem Award will open on 26th October 2023 for a period of 4 weeks.
A shortlist will then be announced and the public vote will re-open.
The winner will be announced at the tourism awards ceremony in February 2024.
- Friday 11 August 2023 Applications Open
- Friday 29 September (strictly 5PM) Applications Close
- From 02 October First Round Judging
- Thursday 26 October Shortlist Announced and
Hidden Gem category opens
- From 30 October Second Round Judging
- Friday 1 December Hidden Gem shortlist announced, public voting re-opens
- Friday 12 January 2024 – public voting closes for Hidden Gem category
- Thursday 29 February Awards Ceremony at Liverpool Cathedral
Our judging is carried out by an independent panel of industry experts, selected for their impartiality, experience and suitability for each category. The first round of judging will be based on the information you provide on your online entry form along with website, social media and any third party sites.
In the second round judging, selected businesses will either receive an announced visit, be mystery shopped, or invited for a short interview conducted by independent judges. Please note that is a requirement of entry that entrants agree to waive or refund the direct costs of any mystery visit.
Eligible winners may be selected to represent Liverpool City Region at the VisitEngland Awards scheduled to take place in June 2024.
Tourism Young Person of the Year – sponsored by Wild Thang
Neve Sutton, Hosted by National Museums Liverpool
Unsung Hero Award – sponsored by Liverpool ONE
Kayleigh Cox, Lu Ban Restaurant
Independent Tourism Business of the Year – sponsored by Bolland & Lowe
Ethical, Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Award – sponsored by Lexus Liverpool
Sefton Park Palm House Preservation Trust
Business Events Venue of the Year – sponsored by ACC Liverpool
Museum of Liverpool
Small Visitor Attraction of the Year – sponsored by Ticket Quarter
British Music Experience
Large Visitor Attraction of the Year – sponsored by Wirral Chamber of Commerce
National Trust, Speke Hall
New Tourism Business of the Year – sponsored by EPIC
Escape Live Liverpool
Resilience and Innovation Award – sponsored by BDO LLP
St Luke’s Bombed Out Church C.I.C.
Experience of the Year – sponsored by Merseyrail
National Trust, The Beatles’ Childhood Homes
Pub of the Year – sponsored by Mr Yum
Liverpool Gin Distillery
Taste Award – Café/Bistro of the Year – sponsored by National Museums Liverpool
Bold Street Coffee
Taste Award – Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by Knowsley Safari
Antonio’s Bar & Grill
Hidden Gem – sponsored by The Guide Liverpool
Southport Bijou Cinema
B&B and Guest House of the Year – sponsored by Liverpool Cathedral
Sunnyside Guest House Southport
Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year – sponsored by Lu Ban Restaurant
The Eden Warehouse
Hotel of the Year – sponsored by Liverpool BID Company
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
Outstanding Contribution to Tourism – sponsored by Growth Platform