As we hit the 1-year mark since the first lockdown began and I’m still working from home (albeit from my new, more permanent desk with my new whiteboard & several plants!) I thought it would be great to highlight one of the many brilliant opportunities that we have to look forward to in the coming months.
I’m really excited to be working with GIANT Health to bring the first day of their European Health Tech Innovation Week to the Liverpool City Region. This will be a hybrid event on the 17th May with a small face to face event that will be mirrored on to a virtual platform to an international audience.
Founded by the international tech entrepreneur Barry Shrier, GIANT (Global Innovation and New Technology) Health is a rapidly expanding global community of over 200,000 people working in the health, tech and innovation space. The opportunity is now a reality and we’re working hard with Sci-Tech Daresbury & Knowledge Quarter Liverpool as co-sponsors, to help put on the best exhibition of what it means to be a part of the Liverpool City Region Health & Life Science community.
This event creates a great opportunity on many levels:
- Firstly, we have the opportunity to showcase the assets, skills, expertise and innovations that we have locally in the health tech space. We are working with Giant Health to integrate our local expertise and knowledge base into the agenda, alongside highlighting the opportunities for businesses to set up base in the Liverpool City Region.
- Secondly, it’s a platform for us to raise the profile of our local business base at an international level. There will be buyers from across Europe and America, along with investors looking to engage in new and exciting innovations and we definitely have plenty of those in the City Region! You can learn more about their Inbound Trade Mission in the links below.
- Finally, with the recent announcement that Liverpool will play a crucial role in helping the events sector get back up and running by piloting events to support the government’s Events Research Programme (ERP); this event will play a pioneering role to the safe re-opening of the events industry not just locally but nationally too. Sign-up for your tickets online, see links below.
To find out more about the event, please follow the links below:
- To learn more about European HealthTech Innovation Week, click here
- For more information on the 17th May in Liverpool, click here
- To find out more about the Inbound Trade Mission, click here
- For tickets, click here
- For sponsorship & exhibition packages please get in touch with me to find out more.
If you’d like to know more or to get involved, please just drop me a message. I’d love to talk about how we can work together to raise the profile of Liverpool City Region both nationally and internationally.
It’s been tough over the past year on so many different levels, I’m really looking forward to taking the first (cautious!) step back to seeing people face to face and I hope to see many of you at this event.
We look forward to seeing you on 17th May 2021.