Evidence shows that an active workforce improves business performance:
- 27% fewer sick days are taken by staff who are physically active
- 91% Liverpool organisations reported improved staff communication and morale when taking part in the previous Liverpool Active Workplaces programme
- reduces turnover and improves Corporate Social Responsibility
Although we are in unprecedented times and in economic uncertainty with the impact of Covid-19, the health and wellbeing of employees is an even greater priority for employers. We recently surveyed businesses in Liverpool, with 91% reporting that staff health & wellbeing has reduced as a result of Covid-19, and 85% said that staff don’t feel as connected to each other.
As we move through the different phases of the lockdown and easing of restrictions, there is a real opportunity for businesses and employees to start to adopt new behaviours that could result in better productivity, healthier staff and a greener environment.
Liverpool Active Workplaces is here to support your organisation, and by signing up your organisation will receive a free package of support that includes:
- Resources, activity challenges and group activities for employees to help encourage them to be more active, and more active whilst working from home
- Workshops for managers about how to improve staff health & wellbeing, and peer support training for colleagues
- Workplace Toolkit – a practical guide to implementing workplace activity initiatives and signposting to sources of support
- Access to the Liverpool Active Workplace Conference, learning events and further staff consultation support
Becoming an active workplace is quick and simple – join in with the growing network of organisations across Liverpool who have signed up to the initiative, supporting Liverpool to become the most active core city in England.
Sign up to the Liverpool Active Workplaces programme here.