The Enterprise Vision Awards has announced the finalists for the 10th Anniversary business awards. The EVAS recognise exceptional female entrepreneurship in the North West and this year attracted a record number of nominations and entries.
From start-ups, young entrepreneurs and family businesses to global organisations and third sector businesses. The finalists include a diverse range of businesses showcasing the crème de la crème of businesswomen in the region. From boerewors, female health supplements, post breast cancer lingerie to bee keepers, camper van hire, whistle blowers and game changers, the innovation, creativity and professionalism of these women is truly impressive.
Coral Horn, founder of the EVAS said: “Women have faced huge economic, logistical and emotional challenges as a result of the pandemic. It’s been an absolute joy to see the resilience and strength of these remarkable entrepreneurs who have adapted and flourished. Every nomination and entry deserves a huge round of applause and our thirty seven judges concur that the high quality of entries made their decisions exceptionally difficult – it’s interviews and voting next, then we’re ready for the celebration of the decade!”
Heather Waters, Regional Enterprise Manager for NatWest, headline sponsor of the EVAS since 2013 said “The calibre of the entries this year is out of this world! This has made the judging process very challenging. I want to congratulate every woman who is short-listed; they are all outstanding and amazing role models.”
To mark a decade of winning women, each finalist in the Young Entrepreneur and Charity categories has been gifted a free ticket to attend the awards and several new awards were introduced. Paul Fox of the Fox Group said “As a proud and well-established family business, The Fox Group are delighted to sponsor the EVA’s Family Business Award. We have been following the EVAs closely over recent years and encouraging females within the construction industry has always been an initiative we have actively championed with many females leading the way across our Group of companies.”
Virtual interviews will take place over the couple of weeks to decide who will win a coveted EVA statue.
The winners will be revealed at a glittering awards ceremony on Friday, September 24 at The Winter Gardens in Blackpool. For the full list of finalists and tickets for the EVAS10 awards ceremony visit www.enterprisevisionawards.co.uk.
Liverpool City Region finalists
- Business Woman Dawn Coker – Access 2 Funding Birkenhead
- Business Woman Lorna Davidson – Red Wigwam Liverpool
- Business Woman Dr Natalie Kenny, BioGrad Group Liverpool
- Charity Andrea Pankiw – Phoenix Foundation Liverpool
- Charity Debbie Rogers – Sean’s Place Liverpool
- Customer Services Victoria Corcoran – Pets Country Manor Liverpool
- Customer Services Margaret Bell – Naturally Empowered Health New Ferry
- Family Business Louise Fairhurst – Branded Items Group St Helens
- Health & Wellbeing Claire Morton – The Purpose Pusher Prescot
- Internet Industry Joanne Morfee & Chelsea Slater Innovate Her Liverpool
- New Business Elissa Corrigan – Elle Sera Liverpool
- New Business Joanne McCormick & Sara Burgess – Ava & Harrison Liverpool
- New Business Victoria Gawith – MerseyMade Liverpool
- Retail Business Rebecca McCann – ProBlo Heswall
- Retail Business Jennifer Bailey – Calla Shoes St Helens
- Small Business Jennifer Greenan – E-Verve Energy St Helens
- Solo Business Kristina Castellina – Highcliffe Holiday Apartments Liverpool
- Young Entrepreneur Ella Deakin – Ella Bella’s Liverpool
- Young Entrepreneur Lauren Caffrey – The Zone Personal Training Liverpool
- Young Entrepreneur Natalie Shilton – The Nakery Liverpool
View the full shortlist