DLA Piper’s Consumer Goods, Food and Retail team is delighted to announce the launch of its latest global sector research paper, Committing to measurable ESG initiatives in the food and beverage sector: Doing well by doing good.
With 73 percent of the world’s largest companies in the food and beverage sector having a sustainable development target, only a quarter of these are setting time-bound targets and the remaining 27 percent have no sustainability target, according to the World Benchmarking Alliance.
This latest report from DLA Piper, in partnership with Fitch Solutions, looks at how food and beverage companies are performing on sustainability issues and how they need to build an ESG framework to meet the challenges ahead.
The key findings of the report include:
- Performance-based indicators are the foundation
- Tracking your progress – then disclose it
- Protecting your reputation with a clear, transparent ESG policy
- Ensure efficiencies by involving your entire supply chain
- A sound, transparent ESG plan will attract top talent
A webinar recording of the report launch is available here.
Throughout the session, the speakers presented the key findings of the report and discussed the implications of the research and what this means for organisations within the food and beverage sector.