Global Goals Week is an annual week of action, awareness and accountability to the Sustainable Development Goals in parallel with the convening of world leaders the United Nations General Assembly in New York. This year’s core theme is ‘local action for global goals’ and a great opportunity for Liverpool and its communities to shine.
Global Goals Week: Liverpool is a week of local events, launches and coordinated support for international themes based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals whilst recognising the different challenges and opportunities in and around our home city. In addition to events and project announcements, 2030hub launches a call to action to all organisations across Liverpool City Region to share their own sustainability stories and successes.
As one of 170 UN Global Partners, and the only other city other than New York, 2030hub has continuously supported and amplified this global effort to mobilise communities, demand urgency and supercharge solutions for people & the planet. 2030hub also ensures that Liverpool uses this platform to attract and share the needs of our communities whilst showing true global citizenship.
This year will be a little different as we will be scaling back our original plans during what will be a particularly sombre week in the UK around and after the funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
2030hub Founder, and Advisor to the UN Foundation +Social Good programme, David Connor says,
“2030hub has been pushing hard for the UN Global Goals Week campaign to recognise the need for real-world city and town level activations for over three years and we are proud to be a formal UN partner bringing the city and city region of Liverpool to this international platform once again.”
During the week from Tuesday 20th 2030hub will:
- Focus our support on the World’s To-Do List both locally and globally – keep your eyes out for sticky notes!
- Amplify and support all local organisations and individuals across Liverpool City Region with their communications via #GlobalGoalsLiverpool
- Launch Liverpool’s Business Avengers – our pick of the best local big and small businesses acting as a force for good – based on the Global Goals Business Avengers and the first ever city-level approach.
- Announce Global Goals Week: Liverpool 2023 including the launch of a new Liverpool Climate Week in 2023.
- Our 2030pioneers cohort is re-launching to find and support local youth activists and ambassadors for the Global Goals.
- A Global Goals Social – a chance to network with local sustainability-minded people from all sectors over a drink or two to celebrate the end of a busy week! Click here to register for the event at the Hilton in Liverpool (tbc).
What you or your organisation can do:
- Announce any new sustainability projects, reports or successes!
- Support the World’s To-Do List with your own sticky notes about your sustainability priorities.
- Share your previous successes from the last year
- Add any events you host to the global calendar via www.globalgoalsweek.org so the world can see them
- Share and engage in all other local and global activity via #GlobalGoals
- Access social media resources via the Global Goals Week: Liverpool 2022 via Trello
Contact us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can to make sure we see your activity, or use #GlobalGoalsLiverpool
Other Key United Nations campaigns during Global Goals Week
- ACT4SDGs – a global mobilization to show world leaders that people all around the world are committed, dedicated, and inspired to take action on the SDGs
- YOUNGA2022 – a global platform to unite today and tomorrow’s leaders
- Transforming Education Summit – to recover pandemic-related learning losses, reimagine education systems for the world
Learn more about the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) 2022 here.