- Liverpool TikTok City of Music officially unveiled
- TikTok Places feature in-app will celebrate local small businesses during Eurovision
- Busking sites around Liverpool will see local artists and special guests perform for visitors
- TikTok to provide ongoing workshops and support to Liverpool small businesses, local attractions and emerging artists beyond Eurovision
As the city of Liverpool prepares to host Eurovision on behalf of Ukraine, today, TikTok is thrilled to announce its partnership with Visit Liverpool and to officially unveil the Liverpool TikTok City of Music.
As the Official Entertainment Partner for the Eurovision Song Contest, whether you are following Eurovision from home, or are heading to Liverpool for the biggest celebration of the year, TikTok is your go-to destination for all things Eurovision.
The TikTok community cannot contain its excitement for Europe’s biggest musical event: with over 1 billion video views for #Eurovision2023 already, this year is set to be greater than ever. #Liverpool has over 55 billion views in app, as the global community comes to TikTok to share and discover this vibrant and historic city. From @QueenofScottyRoad sharing comedy skits from their local highstreet and the hilarious @havealaughwithsaff giving us a slice of local humour. It’s time to celebrate all things #scouse!
Celebrating local small businesses with TikTok Places
From coffee shops to vintage stores, local businesses in Liverpool on TikTok will be proudly displaying a TikTok Places sticker in their shop window during Eurovision. This aims to encourage customers and visitors alike to share their experiences of these local favourites in and around the city. These include…
- @utilitygiftstore Looking for a gift to take home from Eurovision? Utility Gift Store have the perfect quirky, design-led ideas that will be sure to mark the memory.
- @bagelrypool The place for bagels, donuts and coffee Liverpool style! Check out their TikTok for behind the scenes glimpses of the process too.
- @boldstreetcoffee A Liverpool coffee shop that takes latte art very competitively, that’s not to be missed!
Busking on the streets of Liverpool: where stars get started
As well as established acts, Liverpool is home to one of the most thriving busking communities in the UK. Many busking artists have turned to TikTok as their global stage, like @amiialexx who can be seen busking around Clayton Square singing beautiful ballads.
In the weeks the contest takes over the city, TikTok will be supporting key busking sites around Liverpool at Holy Corner, Liverpool One, Sugar House Steps and Liverpool Lime street – it’s time to take the stage on TikTok.
Local artists will be performing together for fans visiting from all over the world alongside some very special guests!
Liverpool TikTok City of Music legacy
Our partnership with the city of Liverpool goes beyond Eurovision itself, as we want to help support up-and-coming talent in the city. TikTok will be working alongside Visit Liverpool to provide ongoing workshops and support to small businesses, local attractions and emerging artists to help them continue to thrive both in Liverpool and on TikTok’s global stage.
James Stafford, General Manager, Marketing & Operations UKI & Nordics, TikTok said:
“We are thrilled to partner with Visit Liverpool to celebrate and champion this iconic City of Music as it welcomes the Eurovision Song Contest. Through this partnership we’ll be bringing Liverpool’s rich musical heritage and personality, to our global community.
“TikTok is where stars get started and that’s true whether you’re an artist, a small business or a TikTok creator. We’ll be providing workshops to businesses, museums and local landmarks, working with local creatives and supporting busking spots across the city; so whether you are a visiting for the first time or discovering the scouse sense of humour in app, let TikTok be your guide to Liverpool!”
Sue Finnegan, Commercial Director & Head of Eurovision 2023 Host City Visitor Experience said:
“Liverpool and TikTok are two of the world’s most powerful and influential brands. This partnership and global brand alignment has social value at its core and couldn’t have come at a better time for our city. Not only have we created a city playground of brilliant, immersive activations, TikTok is engaging and supporting our immerging creative talent, SMB’s and glorious visitor economy in their post pandemic recovery – a sector that not long ago, took a £3bn hit during Covid-19.
“This is a global, long-term strategic destination partnership like no other. Just like Eurovision, it will have an incredible international reach and legacy, and it help define our city for the next decade as a great place to live, work, study and invest.”
Let TikTok be your Guide to Liverpool by following some of our favourite Liverpool accounts…
- @beatlesstory An account run by true Beatles stans, it brings to live Liverpool’s exhibition dedicated to the legendary group. Check them out for regular ‘on this day’ posts about key moments in the Beatles’ history.
- @livingliverpooltour An actual tour guide brings their tips of the best places to visit and hidden facts about Liverpool to the TikTok community. From the Museum of Liverpool to the city’s secret bunker, they’ll give you full virtual tour of the city.
- @merseyferries Yes, Eurovision cruises are a thing! Mersey Ferries, aka the experts on exploring Liverpool from the water, offer our community a different view of the city.
- @royalliverbuilding360 The city landmark the Royal Liver Building runs regular Q&As on TikTok to help anyone visiting for the first time make the most of their immersive exhibitions and more!
Meet the local Liverpool creators for a slice of real Liverpool Life…
- @havealaughwithsaff Hilarious Scouse creator Saff is already getting on the Eurovision hype, and will be hosting a LIVE from our Eurovision Turquoise Carpet on Sunday, 7 May.
- @thescouseghettogourmet Your go-to Liverpool food critic, and Visit Liverpool ambassador, who has all the must-eat recommendations.
- @IwanSteffan The creator to follow for hidden gems in Liverpool to check out while you’re in town.
- @morgan.bold From Liverpool fashion tips to the best coffee spots in town, Morgan’s got your recommendations sorted.
- @queenofscottyroad Liverpool gay icon and TikTok sensation, Philip Regan – aka @queenofscottyroad – has grown a community of over 300K followers who love his local humour!
Some of your favourite TikTok creators will also be heading to Eurovision, @stuartandfrancis and @fatstimbo and Eurovision superfan @allthingsadam.ie will all be landing in Liverpool for the big week of Eurovision and will be sharing some of their favourite spots across the city.