Support and funding to commercialise space technology.
Utilising space technology can offer ambitious entrepreneurs the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage within their sector. In partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA), the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) provides the support and funding that start-up companies need to turn their ideas into profitable products and services using space technology, or to develop technologies for use in space.
What support is available?
As part of its business incubation offering, STFC manages ESA’s Business Incubation Centre United Kingdom (ESA BIC UK) across its sites, offering successful applicants fully equipped office space, as well as access to all the benefits of being part of our flourishing and unique network of science and innovation campuses. Businesses work alongside, and in collaboration with, other businesses, STFC scientists and engineers, accessing a whole wealth of expertise.
ESA BIC UK offers:
- World-leading science & innovation campuses
- Unique ESA and STFC technical support and expertise
- Business development support and advice
- Access to strategic partnership and networking opportunities
- £41,500 incentive funding
Who is eligible?
- UK registered companies
- New or existing companies less than 5 years old
- Demonstrable space connection
– Downstream application of space technology or satellite applications (satellite navigation, earth observation, satellite telecommunication, space weather) in non-space sectors
– Upstream application of technologies for use in space
- Sci-Tech Daresbury, Liverpool City Region
- Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- Royal Observatory, Edinburgh