Phase 2 of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF), designed to help energy intensive industries and businesses with high energy use to cut their energy bills and carbon emissions, will open on 27 September 2021. Industrial sites in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can bid for up to £60m in grant funding.
Phase 1: Autumn 2021 project types
- studies – feasibility and engineering studies to enable companies to investigate identified
- energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to making an investment decision
energy efficiency – deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption
- deep decarbonisation – deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings
Phase 2: Autumn 2021:
- opens to applications on Monday 27 September 2021
- closes on Monday 6 December 2021
The Phase 2: Autumn 2021 competition is open to businesses of any size registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. To be eligible, your business must operate an existing site which falls into the following SIC codes:
- Mining and quarrying 05101 through to 05200
07100 through to 08990
- Manufacturing 10000 through to 33200
- Recovery and recycling of materials 38320
- Data centre 63110
Businesses are allocated a SIC code at the time of registering at Companies House. You need to check your business SIC code to make sure you are eligible. In the case that a parent company has a SIC Code that does not reflect the activity carried out at the site of the proposed application, for example where a data centre is owned by a telecoms company, you may be eligible.
Please contact the IETF team at BEIS if you have any questions about your eligibility at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The funding will be awarded as grants towards the total costs of successful proposals. To be eligible, proposals must fall within the stated minimum and maximum award thresholds:
Funding applied for
- Energy efficiency deployment projects Minimum threshold per application – £100,000 Maximum threshold per project – £14 million
- Deep decarbonisation deployment projects minimum threshold per application £100,000 maximum threshold per project £30 million
- Engineering studies Minimum threshold per application – £50,000 (total eligible cost) Maximum threshold per project – £14 million
- Feasibility studies Minimum threshold per application – £30,000 (total eligible cost) Maximum threshold per project – £7 million
Get in touch
If you need more information about Phase 2 of the IETF and / or the application process for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, please contact the IETF team at BEIS via email at email@example.com.