St Helens Chamber offers strong and dynamic services that provide businesses with the support they need to start, grow, survive and succeed. Offering business support, expert business training, apprenticeships and advice for new business start-ups.
The Chamber is a unique organisation, borne out of a desire by local businesses, partners and the broader community for a private-sector led organisation to contribute to the economic success of St Helens, its businesses and residents.
The Chamber currently has the following roles;
Business – we aim to improve business performance by delivering a range of business support which includes intelligence, networking, grant support, winning new business and exporting. We aim to inspire the entrepreneurs of tomorrow delivering an effective business start-up programme for anyone wishing to set up a new business.
Training – we help to develop the workforce to its full potential by providing bespoke training solutions meeting employers’ needs, many of which are free of charge or subsidised.
Career Development – we offer help and support to unemployed people to get back into work, and offer help to employers to recruit staff. We help young people to prepare for and secure Apprenticeships. We bring businesses and schools together to help young people understand business and work.
Membership – we are at heart a business membership organisation, understanding and representing the views of our Members and helping to meet their needs.
Our success in contributing to the local economy, in particular promoting opportunity and improving social mobility, was recognised at the highest level in 2017 by the award of a Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
- Business Support, Advice and Training
- Business Start-Up Support and Training
- Business Growth Grant (New Markets)
- Business Growth Programme (LCRIBS)
- Business Mentoring Support
- ClickWorks – Free Digital IT Training
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
- Events and Business Networking
- International Trade Advice and Guidance
- Workforce Development and Apprenticeships
Regional Support Programmes and Funding
River Capital EIS AI Fund (fund:AI)
fund:AI is the North’s first dedicated AI, Machine Learning and Data Science Fund.
Who's it for?
EIS businesses must be UK-based and not trading on a recognised stock exchange. They tend to be privately owned seed and early-stage businesses that have no more than £15 million in gross assets when shares are issued and no more than £16 million immediately after.
The companies we focus on are often B2B and occupy future-focused industries, including AI, Machine Learning and Data Science.
High Growth Innovation Fund
Providing grants to support local businesses who have innovative solutions to adapt and grow.
Who's it for?
- SMEs headquartered (or with principal operations) in Liverpool City Region
- Must have 50% match funding
- Demonstratable impact within 6 months of grant award
Health & Life Science Fund
The LYVA Labs team is now actively delivering a pipeline of investment packages between £25,000 and £250,000 for innovators in the health and life sciences sector.
Who’s it for?
- Businesses based in (or willing to set up in) Liverpool City Region
- Businesses operating in the Health & Life Sciences Sector
- Ideally without existing equity investment