St Helens Chamber offers strong and dynamic services that provide businesses with the support they need to start, grow, survive and succeed. Offering business support, expert business training, apprenticeships and advice for new business start-ups.
The Chamber is a unique organisation, borne out of a desire by local businesses, partners and the broader community for a private-sector led organisation to contribute to the economic success of St Helens, its businesses and residents.
The Chamber currently has the following roles;
Business – we aim to improve business performance by delivering a range of business support which includes intelligence, networking, grant support, winning new business and exporting. We aim to inspire the entrepreneurs of tomorrow delivering an effective business start-up programme for anyone wishing to set up a new business.
Training – we help to develop the workforce to its full potential by providing bespoke training solutions meeting employers’ needs, many of which are free of charge or subsidised.
Career Development – we offer help and support to unemployed people to get back into work, and offer help to employers to recruit staff. We help young people to prepare for and secure Apprenticeships. We bring businesses and schools together to help young people understand business and work.
Membership – we are at heart a business membership organisation, understanding and representing the views of our Members and helping to meet their needs.
Our success in contributing to the local economy, in particular promoting opportunity and improving social mobility, was recognised at the highest level in 2017 by the award of a Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
- Business Support, Advice and Training
- Business Start-Up Support and Training
- Business Growth Grant (New Markets)
- Business Growth Programme (LCRIBS)
- Business Mentoring Support
- ClickWorks – Free Digital IT Training
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
- Events and Business Networking
- International Trade Advice and Guidance
- Workforce Development and Apprenticeships
Regional Support Programmes and Funding
Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 1
Phase 1 of the IETF provides grant funding for feasibility and engineering studies and for the deployment of industrial energy efficiency projects.
Who's it for?
- projects deploying technologies that improve the energy efficiency of industrial processes
- feasibility and engineering studies into energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation measures for industrial processes
- businesses of any size registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- business must operate a site which falls into the following categories of activity:
manufacturing 10(000) through to 33(200)
data centres 63(110)
SME Brexit Support Fund
Up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice
Who's it for?
- businesses established in the UK
- established for at least 12 months
- under 500 employees
- under £100 million turnover
- Import or export goods between the UK and EU
Fund for small businesses, which will help up to 7,600 SMEs in England grow their overseas trading and strengthen their business.
Who's it for?
- International High Growth Potential with prospects of employment growth or productivity improvement.
- A product or service suitable for international trade, or which could be developed for international trade and see international trade as a path for growth.
- £500k+ sales/turnover (desirable, but those with lower sales/turnover are eligible).