When starting a business you will need to get to grips with finances. From raising start up capital to putting together a cashflow forecast, it is important to map out your financial journey. Along the way you will need to keep financial records and report your income to HMRC, so it is important to understand the implications in terms of tax and national insurance liabilities.
Here are some useful articles and resources to get you started.
- Apply for a Start up Loan
- LCR Finance Hub – A single access help point for SMEs trying to access external funding
- A to Z glossary of business loan and funding terms – StartUp Loans
- Do you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return this year? – Halton Chamber of Commerce
- Your self-employed tax return – HMRC (video)
- What expenses can I include in my Self Assessment tax return? – HMRC (video)
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions and your 2022 to 2023 Self Assessment return – HMRC (video)