Local Growth Hub Knowsley is run by Knowsley Chamber of Commerce. It supports businesses to realise their ambitions, providing companies in Knowsley with access to trusted business advisors, investment advice, events and specialist networks.
Created as the ‘one front door’ for all business support in Knowsley, Local Growth Hub Knowsley has an excellent track record of delivering essential services to help businesses and third-sector organisations to start, grow and succeed.
The dedicated team of advisors provides tailored advice, offers bespoke support for investment plans, helps to find new sites or properties, supports companies to develop skills and talent within a workforce, offers a wide range of events and networks and gives guidance on accessing finance.
Through our Business Growth Programme, Knowsley-based SMEs (1-249 staff) can be eligible for up to 12 hours of funded consultancy support, for example on tendering, websites, marketing and sales, management, IT, quality systems, finance, health and safety or HR.
We have gained a first-rate reputation for our specialist sector networks including the Environment Network, Visitor Economy Network, Women in Business, Business Watch, the HR Network, the Health and Wellbeing Network, Flash Breakfast Networking, the Manufacturing Network and Construction Forum.
Through our Invest Knowsley initiative, the wider team supports and guides companies through complex issues of planning, highways, legal, utilities, compliance and many other activities that are regulated by the local authority.
We work with local businesses to help them win contracts, support social and local value by creating local supply chains, organise supplier engagement meetings and encourage companies to employ local people. Our free tender alert service helps to highlight and pinpoint contract opportunities that are available.
- Tailored business support, advice and guidance
- Regulation and compliance advice
- Tender alerts and supply chain events
- Investment support and advice
- Information on funding and finance
- Business networking / the Knowsley Business Awards
- Business Intelligence
- The Knowsley Business Directory
- Finding land and premises
- Export advice (including export documentation)
Regional Support Programmes and Funding
High Growth Innovation Fund
Providing grants to support local businesses who have innovative solutions to adapt and grow.
Who's it for?
- SMEs headquartered (or with principal operations) in Liverpool City Region
- Must have 50% match funding
- Demonstratable impact within 6 months of grant award
Health & Life Science Fund
The LYVA Labs team is now actively delivering a pipeline of investment packages between £25,000 and £250,000 for innovators in the health and life sciences sector.
Who’s it for?
- Businesses based in (or willing to set up in) Liverpool City Region
- Businesses operating in the Health & Life Sciences Sector
- Ideally without existing equity investment