Local Growth Hub Knowsley is run by Knowsley Chamber of Commerce. It supports businesses to realise their ambitions, providing companies in Knowsley with access to trusted business advisors, investment advice, events and specialist networks.
Created as the ‘one front door’ for all business support in Knowsley, Local Growth Hub Knowsley has an excellent track record of delivering essential services to help businesses and third-sector organisations to start, grow and succeed.
The dedicated team of advisors provides tailored advice, offers bespoke support for investment plans, helps to find new sites or properties, supports companies to develop skills and talent within a workforce, offers a wide range of events and networks and gives guidance on accessing finance.
Through our Business Growth Programme, Knowsley-based SMEs (1-249 staff) can be eligible for up to 12 hours of funded consultancy support, for example on tendering, websites, marketing and sales, management, IT, quality systems, finance, health and safety or HR.
We have gained a first-rate reputation for our specialist sector networks including the Environment Network, Visitor Economy Network, Women in Business, Business Watch, the HR Network, the Health and Wellbeing Network, Flash Breakfast Networking, the Manufacturing Network and Construction Forum.
Through our Invest Knowsley initiative, the wider team supports and guides companies through complex issues of planning, highways, legal, utilities, compliance and many other activities that are regulated by the local authority.
We work with local businesses to help them win contracts, support social and local value by creating local supply chains, organise supplier engagement meetings and encourage companies to employ local people. Our free tender alert service helps to highlight and pinpoint contract opportunities that are available.
- Tailored business support, advice and guidance
- Regulation and compliance advice
- Tender alerts and supply chain events
- Investment support and advice
- Information on funding and finance
- Business networking / the Knowsley Business Awards
- Business Intelligence
- The Knowsley Business Directory
- Finding land and premises
- Export advice (including export documentation)
Regional Support Programmes and Funding
LCR Grad Scheme
Connecting local graduate talent with SMEs across the Liverpool City Region
Who's it for?
- Businesses based in one of the 6 boroughs of the LCR with less than 250 registered employees
-Businesses willing to extend a permanent offer of employment
-Businesses willing to offer a graduate level role with potential for career progression
Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 1
Phase 1 of the IETF provides grant funding for feasibility and engineering studies and for the deployment of industrial energy efficiency projects.
Who's it for?
- projects deploying technologies that improve the energy efficiency of industrial processes
- feasibility and engineering studies into energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation measures for industrial processes
- businesses of any size registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- business must operate a site which falls into the following categories of activity:
manufacturing 10(000) through to 33(200)
data centres 63(110)
Fund for small businesses, which will help up to 7,600 SMEs in England grow their overseas trading and strengthen their business.
Who's it for?
- International High Growth Potential with prospects of employment growth or productivity improvement.
- A product or service suitable for international trade, or which could be developed for international trade and see international trade as a path for growth.
- £500k+ sales/turnover (desirable, but those with lower sales/turnover are eligible).