Everything we do is an investment in our future.
And that means that our business and industry infrastructure must match our environmental ambitions.
The city region’s coastal location and low carbon capabilities mean that we are in a strong position to realise our potential to be a zero-carbon city region by 2040.
We’ve worked with partners across the North West to establish a Local Energy North West Hub, which promotes investment in energy projects.
Our priorities include:
- We aim to scale-up investment in local energy schemes
- We help businesses refine their business case for investment
- We provide businesses with impartial technical advice
- We help publicise the achievements of organisations that have delivered pioneering projects and encourage collaboration between businesses here
- We encourage innovation and new funding models – and can direct local businesses to available funding for clean energy solutions.