Growth Platform’s free Business Resilience Programme, delivered by accounting and business advisory firm BDO, provides SME leaders with the opportunity to stabilise, adapt and grow their business.
This free programme only takes a few hours and includes:
- A tailored one to one workshop session following a business diagnostic designed to identify barriers to growth
- A practical action plan accompanied by post-workshop support to meet key growth goals
One of BDO’s experts will provide you with a diagnostic questionnaire. This should only take you around 7 minutes to complete.
2. In-depth interview
BDO will carry out an in-depth one to one interview to discuss the outcomes of your diagnostic questionnaire. This should typically take around an hour.
BDO will run a tailored one hour workshop with you to suggest actions your business can take address identified challenges.
4. Follow up
A bespoke practical action plan to take away accompanied by post workshop support.
We have answered key questions below around this programme:
The Business Resilience Programme is an initiative that is funded by the Combined Authority and has been developed by Growth Platform as part of a suite of measures to support Liverpool City Region businesses as they push for growth and seek to realise new opportunities.
The programme has been developed with the accounting and business advisory firm, BDO, to provide SMEs leaders with the tools, resources, and most importantly, the support they need to get their businesses back on track amid the COVID-19 pandemic and turbulent 18 months.
They will gain the opportunity to rethink their strategy and vision in order to come back stronger from the current economic challenges, to build resilience in their business; and to identify future growth opportunities. We are here to help and only a small amount of time from business leaders is required to complete this programme.
Outputs will include:
- An assessment of the health of the business, looking across people, markets, finances and operation
- Benchmarking against competition and best in class measures
- Strategic challenge and prioritisation for the next steps the business should take
By supporting SME leaders in stabilising their businesses and identifying growth opportunities, Growth Platform hopes to stimulate economic growth in the region which will translate into jobs and a brighter future for the region and its population.
The programme is being funded by the Combined Authority, offered by Growth Platform and is being delivered by accounting and business advisory firm, BDO LLP.
The programme will run until March 2022 and is open to eligible SME business leaders operating in the Liverpool City Region.
SME business leaders will get confirmation if they have been selected to take part in the programme upon completing the below application form. This programme is free of charge and has been created to help businesses get back on track by providing impartial objective challenges to their plans, in order to maximise success and increase resilience to future uncertainties. Businesses are not tied into the programme in any way.
One of the team will get in touch with each business leader, following completion of the below application form.
- Each business leader will benefit from research into the internal and external threats which impact their organisation via a specialist diagnostic assessment undertaken by BDO. The questionnaire takes on average only seven minutes for business leaders to complete online.
- Business leaders will then take part in an in-depth interview to help shape and prepare a workshop designed to challenge and align the management team. The tailored workshop, led by BDO, will support them by going through the identified challenges, aligning their business plans and designing the practice actions they need to take to stabilise and get their organisation back to growth.
- On completing the workshop, business leaders will be given the support, guidance and tools they need to develop practical business action plans which will look to drive growth via a number of routes including, but not limited to, developing new markets and products, accessing funding and growing profitability in the business.
- In addition, BDO will provide programme after care which will see it continue to support businesses in actioning their bespoke business plan and reaching their growth goals. This could involve support at senior management meetings, or regular reviews of progress with BDO.
If you have any questions please get in touch with Mark or Laura via LiverpoolGrowthPlatform@bdo.co.uk
The free programme will give business leaders the external perspective they need to assess where their business needs to be heading; what success in a rapidly changing global market looks like; and what business decisions need to be made in order to strengthen resilience and positively impact growth potential in the near future.
As part of the diagnostic testing carried out by BDO, business leaders will get a renewed perspective on what their business could be doing better and where vital strengths and weaknesses lie within their business model and operations.
The programme will also help business leaders to explore growth opportunities, providing independent external challenge to ensure strategic success. Workshops will explore people, markets, innovation, sales, finances and operations and measure against best in class definitions and identify steps required to build resilience.
Cost savings, greater operating efficiency, people effectiveness and the boosting of company productivity are all areas the programme is designed to support with.
The programme is open to businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Be part of an SME business based in the Liverpool City Region
- Employ between 5 – 250 employees
- Turnover of £400,000 – c.£30 million per annum
- Have the availability to dedicate time to completing a short focused workshop session
- Have an aspiration to grow in the coming years
We are also looking for ambitious driven business leaders who have an aspiration to grow. Please get in touch via the form below
On completing the workshop element of the programme, SME leaders will be equipped with a key business actions designed to prioritise activity where it will have the greatest business impact, as identified from the diagnostic findings and growth aspirations for their business. Each plan is tailored to the SME in question.
In addition, BDO will provide programme after care which will see it continue to support businesses in actioning their bespoke business plan and reaching their growth goals. This could involve support at senior management meetings, or regular reviews of progress with BDO.
You can see how other businesses have benefited here.
The programme is free of charge.
- seven minutes to complete the initial business diagnostic assessment form
- an in- depth interview which typically takes one hour
- a one hour tailored workshop with BDO, taking on board the identified challenges
- a follow up meeting to check progress and review any challenges
The diagnostic testing carried out at the outset, allows BDO to get a perspective on what the business could be doing better and where vital strengths and weaknesses lie within their business model and operations. The questionnaire takes on average only seven minutes for business leaders to complete online.
To apply, SME business leaders need to ensure they meet all of the eligibility points outlined in point 6 of this document and fill out the registration form below. Then the team will be back in touch.
If you would like to speak to a member of the team about this programme or have any questions then please do get in touch with Mark or Laura via LiverpoolGrowthPlatform@bdo.co.uk
Apply now for the Business Resilience ProgrammeFill in your details below and one of our team will get in touch
"*" indicates required fields