Supporting Liverpool City Region businesses from pre-start to year three
What is Enterprise Hub?
Enterprise Hub is the enterprise gateway for business start-up support in Liverpool City Region (Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, St Helens and Halton). The programme offers expert advice and support to those who are thinking about starting a business or in the early years of developing their business and looking to grow. The programme is led by The Women’s Organisation, but open to men and women and services are delivered via a partnership of expert enterprise support organisations.
For those thinking of starting a business you can receive support to:
- Understand the process of starting a business
- Research a business idea
- Build a comprehensive business plan
- Develop a marketing plan
- Create financial forecasts to understand the costs of running your business and potential income
- Identify sources of finance to get started
If you are running a business based in Liverpool City Region that has been registered and trading for 3 years or less you can receive advice on how to grow your business such as:
- Developing a business growth strategy
- Understand when and how to take on your first staff
- Evaluate your marketing and develop further marketing skills
- Review your finances and access development funds
- Developing leadership skills
Whatever stage in your new business journey, you can get in touch with the Enterprise Hub team who can link you to local support to offer you expert support along the way.
Eligibility for Enterprise Hub Support
You can access support to start your new business through Enterprise Hub if you are:
- A man or woman living in Knowsley, Sefton, Wirral, Liverpool, St Helens or Halton
- Currently unemployed, employed or economically inactive
- Looking to get support to start a business/go self-employed
- Not yet registered as self-employed
- Aged 16+
If you are already running a business you can receive support to help your business to grow if you are:
- A man or woman running your own business that is registered in Knowsley, Sefton, Wirral, Liverpool, St Helens or Halton
- Registered as a business with Companies House or HMRC within the last 3 years
- Looking for support to grow your business
- Aged 16+
Enterprise Hub is receiving funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, European Regional Development Fund funds help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.